Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My latest project

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 11:51:45 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 12:30:54 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Larry hates dogs, so I cant bribe him with machinery to take a couple
friends home with him on his next trip down. As any dog lover
knows...he is truely mad. Shrug.

There's no arguing the "mad" thing, but you're wrong. I love dogs and
other animals. I just can't stand constant barking and/or whining
from the dogs. Almost all (95%?) dogs do the former and ALL puppies
do the latter, if not both. Quiet, well-trained dogs are few and far
between. You define "quiet" as 'barking less than half the time.' I
define it as 'any day with 1 or fewer barks or yaps in it'. Hell, I
yell back at bluejays around here on occasion, the cackling bitzes.

I had forgotten how noisy animals were until pet-sitting for a week at
my sister's house last month. The cat was quiet but constantly wanted
attention, but the love bird was a yappy, chirpy little *******. The
earplugs stayed in and the CD was off for all 6 hours of the drive
home, basking in the relative quiet.

Your sisters pets should not be used as generic standards for
comparison.

Why not? They're quieter than your dogs.

Ive been home since 6:15 this morning. They barked and
whined for about a minute after I walked in the door.."Daddys HOME!!!"
and then had 5 minutes of petting scratching and tummy rubbing. That
was almost 6 hours ago. No barks, no whining from any of them since
then. In fact..only toy dogs like teacup poodles and so forth bark
much. Mine only bark if there is a stranger outside. Seriously. Ive
got at least 6 in the house at any given time, and the only way you
know they are there..is they come over to get a tummy rub or follow me
into the kitchen hoping Ill give em a snack out of the fridge. Seldom
does one hear a noise out of any of them, nor most dogs I know.

Dog owners _don't.hear.their.dogs.barking_, Gunner. Ask any owner
-while- his dog is barking. They'll say "Oh, my dog doesn't bark."
The truth is that they bark so bloody much, the dog owner turns off
his hearing by habit. Ask your neighbors, honestly, if they ever hear
your dogs bark. You can't hear 'em from L.A. I heard the barking on
and off all day when I was there last, but those inside were fairly
quiet, if you don't count nails tapping/scratching with each step. I
remember that because I was so sick with the flu right then. (Ugh,
bad memory.) Face it: pets, by nature, are noisier than most people.

--
I started out with nothing and
I still have most of it left!