Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default LED Replacement tear down

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 13:08:22 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

Hi,

Happened to see this on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqRlBHJ3Fnw

I kinda wondered how they were making these. If you have a
little bit of electronics knowledge you should be able to
grasp it.

Gonna have to watch that and see why some of my p/ses have blown.

Interestingly I just ordered some similar 5050 LED strips
to play with. Suspect they will be laid out different though being for
12vdc power.

They are, usually in sets of 3 with a resistor limiting current for
the 3.

I like the minimal electronics in the "power supply" but not the
"christmas lights" in series aspect.

Series-parallel.

Also wonder how they will hold up to lightning strikes in the area...

They respond instantly to strikes, opening the circuit in an attempt
to stop further damage, and never work again. g

--
I started out with nothing and
I still have most of it left!