Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Now , about Linux Mint ...

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 18:03:42 -0400, songbird

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 02:40:50 -0000 (UTC), Roger Blake

On 2017-04-13, Bud Frede wrote:
One good thing about most of the old IBM PCs of the '80s is that they
came with good keyboards. I know a lot of people who used their IBM
keyboards long after the PC it came with was landfill.

I still use a genuine IBM PS/2 keyboard, connected via a USB adapter.

A company in Kentucky still makes this type of mechanical keyboard,
available with USB or PS/2 interface:

http://www.unicomp.com/

Nice keyboard - at $115 US

hmm, mine was in the 80s.

note they are not identical to the original
model M's that came with the IBM PC, but they
are close enough that i can type like a monster
once again (after many years of typing on
keyboards that had no depth or touch to them).

the original keyboard was metal and weighed
quite a bit. when i gave the PC away in '96 i
regret giving that keyboard away. this one is
a plastic case (and creaks when i move it).

songbird

I loke my Rocketfish BT keyboard. It doesn't click but has a
reasonable feel to it.
My favourite years ago was the Keytronics KT104