Posted to alt.home.repair

Default BBQ propane for fireplace?

On 04/14/2017 06:51 PM, wrote:

[snip]

Tanks are to be refilled BY WEIGHT. They are also to be filled to only
80 % of their total capacity.
The weight you are referring to stamped on the tank is the "tare
weight" Tatre weight is the EMPTY weight of the tank. It varied
between different tanks from about 13 to 17 lbs.
If the tare weight stamped on the tank is 15 lbs, a propane seller is
supposed to fill a '20 LB" tant to a total weight of 35 lbs.
At that weight you get 5 Yankee gallons, or 4 big "full sized"
gallons.
It would be good if people knew what they were talking about before
coming to the conclusion they are being routinely cheated.

The tare weight on my tanks is 16.6 pounds. The filled ones (I checked
after than 2015 refill) weighed 35.6 and 36.6 pounds.

BTW, I actually weighed them rather than relying on what it was supposed
to be.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"...to argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving
medicine to the dead." -- Ingersoll's Works, Vol. 1, p.127