Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My latest project

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 12:30:54 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Larry hates dogs, so I cant bribe him with machinery to take a couple
friends home with him on his next trip down. As any dog lover
knows...he is truely mad. Shrug.

There's no arguing the "mad" thing, but you're wrong. I love dogs and
other animals. I just can't stand constant barking and/or whining
from the dogs. Almost all (95%?) dogs do the former and ALL puppies
do the latter, if not both. Quiet, well-trained dogs are few and far
between. You define "quiet" as 'barking less than half the time.' I
define it as 'any day with 1 or fewer barks or yaps in it'. Hell, I
yell back at bluejays around here on occasion, the cackling bitzes.

I had forgotten how noisy animals were until pet-sitting for a week at
my sister's house last month. The cat was quiet but constantly wanted
attention, but the love bird was a yappy, chirpy little *******. The
earplugs stayed in and the CD was off for all 6 hours of the drive
home, basking in the relative quiet.

Your sisters pets should not be used as generic standards for
comparison. Ive been home since 6:15 this morning. They barked and
whined for about a minute after I walked in the door.."Daddys HOME!!!"
and then had 5 minutes of petting scratching and tummy rubbing. That
was almost 6 hours ago. No barks, no whining from any of them since
then. In fact..only toy dogs like teacup poodles and so forth bark
much. Mine only bark if there is a stranger outside. Seriously. Ive
got at least 6 in the house at any given time, and the only way you
know they are there..is they come over to get a tummy rub or follow me
into the kitchen hoping Ill give em a snack out of the fridge. Seldom
does one hear a noise out of any of them, nor most dogs I know.

Gunner

---