Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Yamaha MOXF8 keyboard, one note plays too loud!

On 15/04/2017 16:23, David Farber wrote:
This Yamaha MOXF8 keyboard has one note that plays too loud when more than
the slightest of pushes is given. I moved the keypad underneath to a
diffenerent octave and the problem followed the keypad. In other words, the
note that was too loud, switched to the same note but in a different octave.
I can't see anything visually wrong with the keypad contacts. There are two
pc contacts per note. One rubber keypad contact opposite the pc contact
extends just a hair more than its adjacent rubber keypad contact. How does
this translate into detecting how loud to play a note and how do you think
this relates to the note that is too loud?

Thanks for your reply.

Usually 2-stage contacts, and timing the difference.
Can you swap a pair of the silicone contact pad strips over , to another
part of the keyboard to see if the problem moves with it.
Check pull-up/down Rs between adjascent keys?
Can you easily swap a multiplex line over with another?