Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default JVC RX-807V receiver. One channel distorted when SEA is enabled.

wrote:
One those 100Ks might have been open. When you unsoldered them you
"fixed" them. This will not be permanent.

That was a problem sometimes, I learned to just use circuit values.
Unless it is tube stuff you you cannot even check them in circuit,
and you heat the leads to take them out of circuit and many of the
"heal up" all the sudden, which can lead you down the garden path.

Been there done that. I would change them, what are we taking here
ten cents ? That vs customer satisfaction is easy to figure out. Any
circuit with even those slightly ambiguous results, change the high
value resistors.

I think you misunderstood what happened. I inserted those 100k resistors
myself as a modification to see if the DC voltages would stabilize. They
were not part of the original circuit. After I installed them, operation
returned to normal. When I changed the capacitors on that pc board to match
the values in the schematic, I removed the resistors just to see if the
circuit would work "as designed." (I put that in quotes because we never
really know if the schematic matches what comes off the production line.)
Without those resistors, the problem recurred. Therefore I reinstalled the
resistors and it's all good now.

I hope that made sense.
--
David Farber