Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Police drag passenger from United Airlines plane

On 4/15/2017 8:40 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/15/2017 8:09 AM, Andy wrote:

I agree that it was a civil matter, until the passenger refused to
leave the plane. What do you think would happen at the local hardware
store if you have a civil dispute, the manager insists that you leave
and you refuse? So, he calls the police, they also tell you to leave
and you refuse. How does that end?

which
must be resolved in court of Law, which apparently police decided to
take
rules on them self.

The police told the guy to get off the plane. It's not his plane.
He refused, so they removed him.

Police had no probable cause to remove a paying passenger.

They are guilt of assault.

They will get their as@ sued too.

They did have the right to remove him. Read the contract when you buy a
ticket.

Wat is unfortunate is the way it was handled. This should have been
resolved before the flight was boarded. My guess is some agent at the
counter with limited authority got the ball rolling.

Thy guy should have left quietly, not allow himself to be dragged out,
but the airline should and could have prevented this from happening. No
matter who is at fault, the bad publicity is overwhelming.

The guy was stupid, the airline was stupid but I think good will result
from it as it points out that paid passengers are treated like cattle at
the whims of the carrier. Should result in better treatment of all
passengers.