Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby[_3_] James Waldby[_3_] is offline

Default Electrical slip ring questions

On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 15:21:27 -0700, etpm wrote:
I already thought about the solenoid sticking. It will be concentric
with the lathe spindle centerline. I'm not sure but I think the valves
I have are piloted because they use so little current to change the
valve position. And it changes fast. Anyway, I already use these
valves with this closer as well as other air clamping devices. As to
the two passage rotary union you linked to if you read the specs you
will see they cannot be spun anywhere near as fast as I need to spin
it. That's why I'm going through all this falderal (izzat how it's
spelled?). [...]

folderol appears to be the most-common spelling, but falderal,
fol de rol, and fol-de-rol are linked as alternatives in
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/folderol.

https://goo.gl/RmUH86 links to a Google Ngrams chart that
compares frequencies-in-books of the four spellings.

--
jiw