Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OS upgrades

Your use of phones not associated with your name doesn't really
change any of this, because it's what you do with your phone that
they care about and not your name so much.

OK we have a lot of computer expertise in this thread, I have a question that's been bugging me.

Windows machine with Adobe XI reader.

When I open a .pdf, any .pdf, after a few minutes, my Sunbelt firewall tells me that Adobe is trying to contact IP address 65.202.58.25. When I disallow it, it tries 65.202.184.89. I checked the Adobe updater setting and it is turned OFF, no updates, do NOT check for updates.

the IP address show up as Verizon in Brooklyn NY.

WTF is Adobe doing and how do I stop it.

It appears they do not respect my request to not check for updates.

thanks

Mark