Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Basic CNC router recomendations.

pyotr filipivich wrote:
Larry Jaques on Wed, 12 Apr 2017
20:23:36 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 18:16:14 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

I'm thinking in terms of something for primarily facing slabs of
wood for high end custom tables.

Sources, plans, options?

Some day, I'll take the time to read the question first. g

The best bet is to make a drum sander. Dunno 'bout CNC for that.
Djoutube is your friend.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=drum+sander.

Thanks.

I'm going to talk with him about CNC and a router rig.

CNC is probably not necessary , except in a very basic sense . Move router
to limit switch in Y , which trips the X axis to move a preset distance and
send router back , where it trips a limit on the other end . Biggest
problems I see is overall levelling of the whole assembly and keeping the
router in tram - you'll want to use at least a 3" or bigger flycutter type
cutter . The big CNC router systems in use in cabinet shops can shave a 4' x
10' piece to within a few thousandths .
--
Snag

---