Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default BBQ propane for fireplace?

On 4/14/2017 2:11 PM, Tony944 wrote:

"dadiOH" wrote in message news

"Frank" "frank wrote in message
news
I just looked at one of my barbecue tanks and it says 15.0 lbs.
Propane weighs about 4 lb/gal so obviously my tank is short over a
gallon. Some places refill by the gallon but prefilled run short.
Never got a reply on this deception from state AG but rules may be
different in different states. Bet most consumers think they are
getting 5 gal of propane in the filled 5 gal tanks.

LPG tanks are filled to 80% of capacity.

Well I am kind confused the Propane is not actually Propane
it is mixture of Butane and Propane depend what part of country your in
however is been long time sense I dealt with, so I can only say that you
seems
to be very close. Tanks I dealt with at time was 12.5 lb. 5 Gl. jug, now
is ????

There are different specs for the blends in different areas but they are
not pure propane. If tank capacity is only 5 gal, it would not be safe
to fill to the brim but 80% appears far short. When I had tanks
refilled I paid for weight of gas put in tank and it was cheaper than
prefilled. I buy prefilled for convenience as a tank lasts all year for
the grill and I keep a spare and they get corroded looking on the deck
even under grill cover.