Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Drain motor for Whirlpool WDF750SAYW0.

Phil Allison wrote:
peter ****wit the LAIR

the cutn has snipped everhting out of sight so he can LIE about it.

I have seen several dozen, as it happens.
This is a dishwasher.

** Same kind of pumps are used - ****head.

A properly installed pump dishwasher pump will barely vibrate.

** Modern examples do, if you hold one in you hand like the OP did.

The rotors are not magnetically balanced like earlier types.

Your explanations are not much short of idiotic,

** My post was 100% correct - you ****ing LIAR.

The OP got himself a proper watt meter a posted the correct numbers.

Drop dead ASAP you psycho, old pig.

.... Phil

Hi Friends,

I received the new drain pump and tested it first. It seemed to wobble a bit
as it began to spin up, but once it reached full speed, it was very smooth.
The power meter read 13 watts. I put a little pressure on the front of the
impeller and it did not slow down at all. I installed it and all is good
again.

I then disassembled the old pump just to have a look inside. I was expecting
it would not come apart very easily. I was wrong. I put two screwdrivers on
opposite sides of the impeller, used them as levers, and it popped right
out. Here is a photo of the old pump.
http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...Drain-pump.jpg

Thanks for all your help.
--