Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT? Energy tariff madness

Jeff Layman wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

I guess could always use a "disposable" email address I can create.

I use tailored email addresses for everything, the energyclub one has
only ever received relevant messages from them (progress of switch,
notification of cashback, reminders about end of tariff, triggered
savings limits) never spam.

But there are a couple of other things I don't like about the Cheap
Energy Club process. Why do they need my *full* address?

If you use them to switch to a new supplier, they need accurate details
to pass on, if you're just using them for comparison, give them the
address and postcode of the local chippy :-)

And then I can't opt out of getting email alerts for price savings. I
could set it at the maximum of £250, and probably never get any alert,
but that shouldn't be necessary. There should be a "no thanks" option.

Hadn't noticed there wasn't an opt-out, but as you say just push it to a
silly high saving.