Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Reclaimed

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 3:27:22 PM UTC-7, Spalted Walt wrote:
The Hobbs brothers have been picking their way across the American
South, deconstructing century old barns and farmhouses, looking for a
rare treasure - old-growth pine lumber. ..."As we reclaim this wood we're
reclaiming history,

It's sad, in a way. The original users of that wood, were finding treasure
growing in the ground, and harvesting it for their use. Now, to get
some of the same quality wood, it takes destruction of the old structures.

I saw a slightly-broken ugly old dining table the other day, with
a full 20" wide solid walnut board as one leaf. I've never seen that good
a board for sale.