Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My latest project

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 09:08:44 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 08:04:32 -0400, Boris Mohar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 23:09:38 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

https://goo.gl/photos/gaFkPC11Zs9Qn54Z9

Not a bad pile of junk for the $42 I have in her. Oh..plus the $66
registration and Mussle Stamp. So I have $108 in her.

Sails damned nicely, very comfy and will be a great vacation boat up
to 2 weeks. Not a racer..but very responsive and very..very comfy.

Gunner

How many dogs do you have sir?

Far far too many. The wife and I do Austrialian Shepherd rescue. We
are one of the "call em" people that Animal Control keeps the phone
numbers of. Someone dies leaving an Aussie as an example...we wind up
with it until it can be adopted out to its forever home. We have had
as few as 6, as many as 24.

We recently wound up with a litter of 7 pups, eyes werent open
yet..mother had been hit by a car. We got a call asking if we could
take them...did we have a female to nurse and raise them (we have two
momma dogs, both spayed..that generate milk at the drop of a hat and
LOVE puppies). Hence we now have 7 romping little monsters chewing on
toes and getting underfoot. They will be 8 weeks this coming
week...are socialized and will be ready for adoption to their forever
homes. Could I interest you in perhaps 1 or 4 of them?

Larry hates dogs, so I cant bribe him with machinery to take a couple
friends home with him on his next trip down. As any dog lover
knows...he is truely mad. Shrug.

There's no arguing the "mad" thing, but you're wrong. I love dogs and
other animals. I just can't stand constant barking and/or whining
from the dogs. Almost all (95%?) dogs do the former and ALL puppies
do the latter, if not both. Quiet, well-trained dogs are few and far
between. You define "quiet" as 'barking less than half the time.' I
define it as 'any day with 1 or fewer barks or yaps in it'. Hell, I
yell back at bluejays around here on occasion, the cackling bitzes.

I had forgotten how noisy animals were until pet-sitting for a week at
my sister's house last month. The cat was quiet but constantly wanted
attention, but the love bird was a yappy, chirpy little *******. The
earplugs stayed in and the CD was off for all 6 hours of the drive
home, basking in the relative quiet.

--
Newman's First Law:
It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down.