Dave Gower

Default Difference between whole-house surge supressor and secondary surge arrestor

"Tom J" wrote

The difference is, they have elaborate grounding systems that take the
lightning strikes. If you want to spend a few thousand dollars you can do

the
same for your house.

My house (a 150-year old farm house) has a metal roof with two lightening
rods sticking up, and two metal cables running down over the roof and buried
in the ground. Since I'm up on a hill I am sure It's been hit more than once
in the 21 years I've lived here, and there's never been any lightening
damage.