Posted to alt.home.repair
Anonymous[_26_] Anonymous[_26_] is offline

Default Spray container problems

KenK wrote:
I often have this problem - with some weed killer yesterday.

Have a container of liquid with a trigger you keep pulling to spray the
contents.

On my experience. If it works at all it works for a while, then the trigger
has no effect. If you keep tryong eventually it may start working again.
Then the process repeats.

Is there a trick to getting these to work as one would assume, or is it
just me and my product choices? Getting so I'm considering trying to only
buy gas powered sprays with the button on the top or not at all.

TIA

This is a common problem with trigger sprayers. When working correctly the
pistons return spring will reload the piston cavity with a new volume of
fluid. If the chemical is not slippery enough the spring will not have
enough force to reload the piston quickly. If you waited long enough
between trigger pulls the piston will return, but who wants to wait. These
pumps work well with water, but other chemicals not so much.