Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Police drag passenger from United Airlines plane

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 12:02:43 PM UTC-4, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 4/12/2017 10:02 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 4:30:56 PM UTC-4, Meanie wrote:
On 4/11/2017 11:17 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 10:14:55 AM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

[snip]

Because it's the airline's plane, the airline controls it and the law
is that you have to obey the flight crew? What do you think would
happen at a hardware store if the management told you that you had
to leave and you refused? They would call the police and if you also
refused their commands to leave, they would drag you out.

I don't want an asshole like this on my plane. What's next? A hissy
fit at 40,000 ft over a pillow that results in the plane being diverted?

BTW, just heard on the radio this morning that to get his medical license
back following his felony drug peddling/sex charges, he was required to
take anger management classes, so that suggests there were plenty of
problems, disregard for authority in his past.

Okay, let's assume that he has/had anger management issues. In this
instance, what is the relevance?

because if he wasn't a nut job, this situation would not have arisen.

+1

And sadly now there are more and more of these. Why? I believe a lot
of it is because they figure everyone has a phone, there will be a video
and likely a $500K payday, a trip to Good Morning America, etc.

It seems that the folks here and the
public in general feel he was abused by the airlines and that their
method of enforcing the bumping of passengers was wrong.

Who cares that a supposed majority thinks? What is the LAW?

+1

A majority thinks those baggage fees suck too. Following the same
logic, I guess you can have a hissy fit at check-in, block the line,
refuse to leave......