Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default OT? Energy tariff madness

Jeff Layman wrote:

How can anyone work their way through this insanity of tariffs? I know
there are apps and webpages designed to help you through the maze, but
should Ofgem be allowing this in the first place?

Whilst I quite agree about the insanity of the current situation,
I don't really see a happy ending any time soon.

If the utilities were somehow constrained to limit their tariffs,
or automatically give everybody the best deal, simple maths
suggests that those of us who have been busily changing deals
would actually be worse off, since they would still strive to
maintain the same overall profit levels.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.