Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default OT? Energy tariff madness

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Yes I just suggested to EDF that the current 9 percent rise, which I'm
protected from till end of June, is probably there so the next hears
discount rate. known as Blue, will actually look better.
Offgen said today the current recent rises are unjustifiable in its eyes,
well yes I n that case bloody do something about it then!
The thing is, in theory all they are selling you is a billing system are
they not? all Gas and Electricity still comes down the same bits of pipe
and wires, and one supposes the costs would be the same to all the
companies,

no

some hedge by entering into pre-purchasing agreements with the suppliers.

This means they win if prices go up, but will lose if prices go down

This loss has to be recouped somehow