Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default OT? Energy tariff madness

Yes I just suggested to EDF that the current 9 percent rise, which I'm
protected from till end of June, is probably there so the next hears
discount rate. known as Blue, will actually look better.
Offgen said today the current recent rises are unjustifiable in its eyes,
well yes I n that case bloody do something about it then!
The thing is, in theory all they are selling you is a billing system are
they not? all Gas and Electricity still comes down the same bits of pipe and
wires, and one supposes the costs would be the same to all the companies, so
that being the case one would expect similar stable pricing to be possible.
My guess is inept wasteful running and the tendency to subsidise things
like big power stations like the one being part funded by EDF from the
punters bills.
Then there is this farce called smart meters. The regulator told the blind
charities at a recent conference on accessibility that now it was possible
for all new remote units to be purchased by the companies with selectable
speech output, yet when I asked EDF they knew nothing about it at all.

I'm just glad this bunch are nopot in charge of my pension, I'd end up
paying them.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
news
As I long-time EDF customer, I reckoned it's time I had a look at other
suppliers. I'd read somewhere that uSwitch and similar sites weren't quite
as independent as they seemed (is that right or wrong?), so went to
MoneySuperMarket to have a look, although I'm not sure that's much better.

I eventually found myself at
http://www.moneysupermarket.com/utilities/gas-electricity-prices.aspx to
have a look at available tariffs, and couldn't believe what I was seeing.
Is that what a deregulated market is supposed to be doing? There are over
*2000* tariffs on that page!

How can anyone work their way through this insanity of tariffs? I know
there are apps and webpages designed to help you through the maze, but
should Ofgem be allowing this in the first place?

--

Jeff