Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus25440 Ignoramus25440 is offline

Default How to cut this copper coil

On 2017-04-12, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 02:28:16 -0500, Ignoramus24752

On 2017-04-12, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 17:32:18 -0500, Ignoramus24752

On 2017-04-10, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 20:47:09 -0500
Ignoramus14657 wrote:

snip
OK, I have a hydraulic cable cutter that worked today. The cutter head
and power supply were initially unrelated.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Coil-1.jpg
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Coil-2.jpg

I realized that if I cut some tubes first, I can unroll the coil tube
by tube.

That looks really nice. Should do a good job on this.

Thought you might have something like that around. You are quite the
scrounger

I bought the pump on craigslist and the cutting head I bought new from
a retailer.

Wasn't the recip saw a lot quicker? That thing must take a minute or
more to cycle, huh? Nice, though! Was it expensive?

The pump was $100 on craigslist, the head about $130.

Not bad at all. Is the head for copper only, or will it do wire rope?

Copper wire only, no steel.

Sawzall alone would not do it. My guy also used a circular saw with 60 tooth blade.

One row at a time, I'm guessing?

Right!