Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Police drag passenger from United Airlines plane

On 4/12/2017 10:30 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 3:57:42 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/11/2017 11:23 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I would agree, assuming they knew they had these 4 employees all along.
It's possible that only came up after people had boarded. Once this
guy claimed he was a doctor and started bitching, they should have
asked to see his license and if he showed it, then selected another
random person. That seems like a reasonable thing that could have
avoided this mess.

If they did not know until the passengers were seated, they are dumber
than I thought. It is still poor planning on the part of the airline
and someone should be punished

Nice Monday morning quarterbacking. They needed those 4 employees
because of a problem in KY. Could you foresee that? IDK exactly
when UAL first knew they had a problem and needed those 4 extra
crew, but you're assuming they had plenty of time. It's possible
they only knew of it shortly before this plane was to depart.

When does boarding start? Only minutes before push away. If the
airline just found out at that point it was really **** poor planning.

I understand there was a need to get them on the flight, but it should
have been handled better before everyone was boarded. Much of my career
has been in production planning/scheduling and tough deadlines. I've
had to do some sweet talking and begging, but never had to drag someone
to or from a work station. Poorly handled.

Plenty of time? If they had one minute before the last four passengers
were boarded, yes, they had plenty of time.