Posted to alt.home.repair
Taxed and Spent Taxed and Spent is offline

Default Police drag passenger from United Airlines plane

On 4/12/2017 8:36 AM, Meanie wrote:
On 4/12/2017 11:03 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 4:34:53 PM UTC-4, Meanie wrote:
On 4/11/2017 12:35 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 4/10/2017 9:23 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:15:07 -0700, Taxed and Spent
wrote:

If it was overbooked, there should have been four people standing up
looking for a seat. Musical Chairs rules should apply.

Airlines overbook every day. It ****es people off.

People don't show up for flights, so airlines overbook. They play the
statistics game and sometimes there are loosers. Just like in Musical
Chairs.

Irrelevant. It's a game played by the airlines, not the customers. The
"losers" should ALWAYS be the airlines. They assume the risk, they
should suffer the consequences when they lose that risk.

It's not just the airlines. Passengers are very much involved in this
too. Are you willing to pay the increased fares that would result if
airlines did not overbook based on statistics and instead had planes
leaving with empty seats?

You mean we're not paying high fares already?

I don't buy into the corporate lies of their reasoning for low or high
costs. Rules and procedures can be applied to ensure filled seats and no
overbooking. They play that game because they can win. It's all about
the money.

Sounds like you should go to work for an airline. You seem to know it
all about their business.