Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus24752 Ignoramus24752 is offline

Default How to cut this copper coil

"Ignoramus24752" wrote in
message ...
On 2017-04-10, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 20:47:09 -0500
Ignoramus14657 wrote:

snip
OK, I have a hydraulic cable cutter that worked today. The cutter
head
and power supply were initially unrelated.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Coil-1.jpg
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Coil-2.jpg

I realized that if I cut some tubes first, I can unroll the coil
tube
by tube.

That looks really nice. Should do a good job on this.

Thought you might have something like that around. You are quite
the
scrounger

I bought the pump on craigslist and the cutting head I bought new
from
a retailer.

The quick disconnects used on Porta Powers are handy for other things.
http://shop.hoseandfittings.com/cata...cessories.html

Jim, thanks. I have another high pressure hydraulic set up for 10,000
psi. With a pneumatic/hydraulic pump and a number of cylinders. All
bought piecemeal on auctions and some taken out of a custom machine
that never saw use. I just finished it last week and it does use such
couplers. I will post some pictures later. This week we will be
lifting some heavy machinery to move it (80,000 lbs) and these
cylinders will hopefully be helpful.