Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt V. Ullman Kurt V. Ullman is offline

Default Police drag passenger from United Airlines plane

On 4/11/17 11:17 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Are you willing to pay the price increase for tickets if they stop
overbooking? That's what will happen. They overbook based on experience
for that flight, so that they wind up with a plane as full as possible.
If they book to passengers scheduled, most planes will have more empty
seats and customers wind up paying for it. Plus we have the environental
waste of fuel.

I don't fly enough to know for sure, but I have a couple of friends
who do who note on United, et al, there are few refundable tickets.
THus, they overbook, hoping people won't show more to keep their money
and sell the seat a second time.