Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Police drag passenger from United Airlines plane

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 10:02:41 AM UTC-4, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:
On 4/11/17 9:10 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/11/2017 12:23 AM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:15:07 -0700, Taxed and Spent
wrote:

If it was overbooked, there should have been four people standing up
looking for a seat. Musical Chairs rules should apply.

Airlines overbook every day. It ****es people off.

Often there are no-shows so I can understand it. I've been bumped but
was well compensated for it and it made little difference in my life.
Arriving a couple of hours later in first class and getting free tickets
is not so bad. In this case though, the guy was already seated on the
plane. Poor planning on the airline.

The problem with that is for the most part the no-shows have already
paid and any more it is non-refunable. So they are double dipping if
they overbook.

IDK what airlines you have experience with, but in my experience,
whether a fair is refundable or not depends on the particular ticket.
The vast majority are either refundable or can be used toward a
future flight with some re-scheduling penalty.