Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Save me from Ikea cr*p

On Tuesday, 11 April 2017 15:23:33 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 11:04:30 +0100, grjw wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news

news On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:41:46 +0100, grjw wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 20:55:49 +0100, Scott

wrote:

On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 22:03:52 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 22:02:06 +0100, Scott
wrote:

On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 20:40:38 +0100 (GMT+01:00), jim k wrote:

Tim Watts Wrote in message:
On 09/04/17 14:20, Brian Gaff wrote:
Like many stores they tend to stock items made by others, and
if
the
quality
drops often they never notice till enough tell them.
They are not alone in this Ring garden lights got taken over
and
every
since their lights are absolute crap.
Brian

Is that the same Ring as automotive accessories? Those seem to
get
poor
press on Amazon.

Yup. All made in China. Warehouse near Leeds.

But most electrical equipment is made in China, is it not? My
new
mobile is made in China. I expect if I bought an iPhone it would
be
made in China too. Much as I would like to support UK
manufacturing,
I think the days of saying goods made in China are of poor
quality
are
long gone.

Try buying the cheap Chinese stuff on Ebay. I've got rechargeable
batteries here which have 20% of their rated capacity. The
chargers
work though.

I'm not saying there is no tat made in China; I'm saying not all
that
is made in China is tat.

Every single Chinese Li-Ion battery is tat.

Not the ones that Apple uses.

Aren't the good ones made in Japan?

The originals certainly arent.

And have you tested the actual capacity of an Apple battery?

Not possible no capacity is listed on the originals.

You bought something without any specs?!

The battery came with the device.

It should have a capacity on it.

No point when its built in to what you buy.

Handy to know how long it lasts and takes to charge.

Handy but not that important, but if you want to know read the specs.
iphone7
Up to 2 hours longer battery life than iPhone 6s
Talk time (wireless):
Up to 14 hours on 3G
Standby:
Up to 10 days

Internet use:
Up to 12 hours on 3G
Up to 12 hours on 4G LTE
Up to 14 hours on Wi€‘Fi

Wireless video playback:
Up to 13 hours
Wireless audio playback:
Up to 40 hours

Of course all these depend on what you're doing and I doubt most aren't just doing one thing all day long.
Play a few high end tyope games and they really eat into the battery life.

As for charging it might be useful to know how long it takes to charge from 0-60% or any other figure but to me it's rather like having a 0-60 time for a car which is only of limited use.

If it doesn't, Apple are scum.

You are free to never touch anything they sell.

I made that decision when they launched the Mac Classic. Far too big to use for a doorstop, people fall over them.

Yoiu fall over just about anything. Maybe a Mac classic would be too big for your feet to miss it, but as you say so are door frames.

We did once have a Mac hurling competition chucking them into the skip from as great a distance as possible.

At least they had a final use unlike the PCS that I thrown out.
You should be carful throwing out macs they have a far better resale value that the majority of same age PCs do.