Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Local Councils to be told to take waste fee-free

In article ,
tim... wrote:
BTW, internal flights in the UK frequently take longer than ordinary
train. Door to door. And are far more likely to be delayed.

My experience of flying between Scotland and London was never delayed
and took far less time than the train.

Didn't realise Scotland was so small an area it equates to London. Perhaps
you meant Manchester rather than London? Both England, after all.

London to Birmingham on the
train takes longer than going by car IME as the time taken to reach
the centre of town adds up to 4 hours to the train journey time
between the cities.

Ah right. By car now.

if it take you 4 hours to reach the city center you aren't travelling
from London to Birmingham, are you?

Only capitol knows what he means. On a very good day with suitable
medication.

For most, train stations tend to me more conveniently placed than
airports, being in the centre of towns. And tend to have a more frequent
service.

I have a niece who is a frequent traveller from the London area to the NE
of Scotland. Has given up flying that route due to frequent delays, and
the longer check in times than once was the case.

--
*Gun Control: Use both hands.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.