Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Local Councils to be told to take waste fee-free

On Tuesday, 11 April 2017 10:59:18 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:
On 10/04/2017 17:25, Capitol wrote:

Very little grocery packaging can be recycled. It's another stupid
green tax.

Plastic bags, paper wrapping, plastic trays either recycle or compost.
Foil trays go in the dish washer to be reused for tray bakes, etc.
Glass and tins recycle.
There isn't much you can't recycle.

Really? My local council seems to have a rather precise list of things
that can.

I've almost given up trying to work it out.
Those costa cups apparently only the label can be recycled in the majority of teh recycling plants, there;s one in the country that can do the plastic paper cups but how do I know if my recycling is taken there or not, I doubt it.
On some items there;s 3 or 4 different materails some can be recycled others can;t and it depends on where it ends up being recycled.
I'm stil not sure if those perferated plastic bits on fruit pots can be recycled or not.
If councils adopded a letter or number code for recylable stuff and the packaging componies did the same this would make recycling life easier.

Around here it all goes in one bin and is sorted at a recycling plant.

Given I doubt many really do know what can be recycled or not, it would
make sense for it do be done by those who do. But wouldn't give those
fanatical recyclers that warm superior feeling. ;-)

--
*When did my wild oats turn to prunes and all bran?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.