Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Local Councils to be told to take waste fee-free

In article ,
charles wrote:
France is a lot bigger so benefits from high speed track, the UK won't
benefit much.

it would on the London to Edinburgh or Glasgow route, but that hasn't
been thought about. We could then stop using aeroplanes on this
comparatively short route.

If the train ran direct from London to Edinburgh etc, yes. But I doubt
enough people make that journey several times a day to fill a train. So
you make a few stops along the way. Making the difference between high
speed and normal less.

BTW, internal flights in the UK frequently take longer than ordinary
train. Door to door. And are far more likely to be delayed.

--
*According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.