Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Local Councils to be told to take waste fee-free

In message , Andy Burns
writes
Tim Streater wrote:

dennis wrote:

Around here it all goes in one bin and is sorted at a recycling plant.

Same here and it works well.

And here ... we used to have 3 recycling bins and even then tetrapaks,
window envelopes, butter and yoghurt containers were not allowed. Now
just one recycling bin and it's always fuller than the rubbish bin
(even though I'm sneaking bits of plasterboard in that over a few weeks).

Naughty! There is apparently an issue with noxious gas release during
breakdown. As it is a recyclable item perhaps they should consider a
dedicated skip.

--
Tim Lamb