Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default OT looking for basic accounts software as going self-employed

In message , Bill Wright
writes

Every business expense in fact, as long as it's 'wholly and
exclusively' for business use. Otherwise claim a proportion.
Advertising, internet costs, website design, phone, mobile phones, AA
membership, professional association membership, insurances, trade
magazines, postage, stationery, the lot.

Absolutely. I said earlier that I consulted an accountant as soon as I
became self employed, so at least I knew what I was aiming at with
accounts, and had a guide as to what could, and could not be claimed
against tax. Agreed that only a proportion of household costs can be
claimed. I think my figure was 8 or 10 per cent, or thereabouts. Every
little helps.
--
Graeme