Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Police drag passenger from United Airlines plane

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 23:22:42 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 19:55:41 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:04:03 -0400, Meanie wrote:

It was an overbook by the airlines. They asked for volunteers and
offered an $800 voucher to stay over night and catch a flight the next
day. Nobody volunteered. Therefore, they randomly selected 4 people via
algorithm method. A young couple who were asked to leave quietly left.
The man who refused said he is a doctor who has patients he needs to see
in the morning in Louisville, where the flight was headed. His refusal
prompt security who dragged him off. It was pure bull**** by the
airlines and I hope the guy sues them for millions and settles for half
that. He will win.

+1

Sue the family dogs and everybody ever known to allow this **** to
happen. Zealot cops need to know their authority, where it starts and
ends.

I bet United will sweeten the pot until someone bites next time.
They used to make better deals until the lobbyists got the law changed
and reduced their liability.
The thing that would have me bartering with the desk agent is the fact
that this was all United's fault. It was their lack of planning that
forced them to board 4 crew members and bump 4 passengers.
It certainly would not be a lousy $800 because my tickets usually cost
more than that.
**************
Print this and keep it in your pocket when you fly (from the DOT web
site)

If the airline arranges substitute transportation that is scheduled to
arrive at your destination between one and two hours after your
original arrival time (between one and four hours on international
flights), the airline must pay you an amount equal to 200% of your
one-way fare to your final destination that day, with a $675 maximum.

If the substitute transportation is scheduled to get you to your
destination more than two hours later (four hours internationally), or
if the airline does not make any substitute travel arrangements for
you, the compensation doubles (400% of your one-way fare, $1350
maximum).

This would be my starting point. I would want more.

I'd kindly tell the cops; before you put your hands on me, you better
know what the **** you are doing.

This **** could get ugly :-)