Posted to uk.d-i-y
grjw grjw is offline

Default Save me from Ikea cr*p

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:41:46 +0100, grjw wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 20:55:49 +0100, Scott

wrote:

On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 22:03:52 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 22:02:06 +0100, Scott
wrote:

On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 20:40:38 +0100 (GMT+01:00), jim k wrote:

Tim Watts Wrote in message:
On 09/04/17 14:20, Brian Gaff wrote:
Like many stores they tend to stock items made by others, and if
the
quality
drops often they never notice till enough tell them.
They are not alone in this Ring garden lights got taken over and
every
since their lights are absolute crap.
Brian

Is that the same Ring as automotive accessories? Those seem to get
poor
press on Amazon.

Yup. All made in China. Warehouse near Leeds.

But most electrical equipment is made in China, is it not? My new
mobile is made in China. I expect if I bought an iPhone it would be
made in China too. Much as I would like to support UK manufacturing,
I think the days of saying goods made in China are of poor quality
are
long gone.

Try buying the cheap Chinese stuff on Ebay. I've got rechargeable
batteries here which have 20% of their rated capacity. The chargers
work though.

I'm not saying there is no tat made in China; I'm saying not all that
is made in China is tat.

Every single Chinese Li-Ion battery is tat.

Not the ones that Apple uses.

Aren't the good ones made in Japan?

The originals certainly arent.

And have you tested the actual capacity of an Apple battery?

Not possible no capacity is listed on the originals.

As below, I've found only Panasonic to tell the truth. Everyone else is a
scam artist.

Not with the original Apple batteries.

Even Samsung are only 80% of rated capacity. Only Panasonic don't LIE
about what's inside them.