Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default OS upgrades

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 09:56:45 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

Vic Smith
Sun, 09 Apr 2017
13:25:48 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 09:02:52 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

Vic Smith
om Sun, 09 Apr 2017
01:17:45 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Sat, 8 Apr 2017 23:56:30 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

You code in asm? What passes for malware these days is some
pretty sorry ass **** code. I haven't seen an actual virus
infection in years.

Used to. Yes, there's be a lack of viruses of late. Haven't
seen one make the news in years.

DOS or win32? Many viruses didn't exactly make the news, but,
still managed to spread quite nicely. Wildlist n all. Sadly, most
of mine did infact make the news. Scare mongering reporters, the
lot of them.

No. IBM 370. Assembler aka BAL. That's what I assumed when you
said asm. Haven't done it since1980. Maybe 1981.

We were discussing Windows, last time I checked.. and I specifically
told you I had a virus get loose on me during testing and had to
write a scanner to hunt it down. I thought you did the same thing,
based on your initial reply. Was I mistaken? Or, did I accidently
confuse you?

No, we were talking about different things.