Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Local Councils to be told to take waste fee-free

On Sunday, 9 April 2017 17:36:54 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Tim+ wrote:
It's the tradesmen working on tight margins who will still have the
incentive to flytip. I'd like to see "free" waste disposal for DIYers
AND tradesmen with a turnover less that a certain amount. Of course this
would have to be paid for by rates/community charge/whatever but it
would be worth it to stop this appalling scourge on our countryside.

And there's the rub. Something must be done - but no one wants to pay for
it.

but we are paying for it anyway

the question is, what's the cheapest way to pay for it

tim

If we asked the Chinese to take back the empties the customers gathering the fist cause could pay for it except that the industries already doing something similar are the oil importers.

But their supply system is arranged so that they clean their sludge off on the way back and most of it gets dumped around Antarctica where nobody sees it.

I have no doubt that a nation once geared up to murdering grandparents, that moved overnight to murdering children would soon come up with some bright ideas.