Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to cut this copper coil

On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 14:56:21 -0000 (UTC), James Waldby
wrote:

On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 01:21:48 -0400, clare wrote:
On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 22:07:22 -0500, Ignoramus9502 wrote:
I got a bit lucky and bought a broken air dryer that had a big copper
coil inside. This is a heat exchanging coil with a copper tube inside
a tube.
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/coil.jpg

The problem is that it is extremely heavily made and would not easily
cut with a cable cutter. I want to cut it up into pieces and clean to
make #1 copper.

Any idea what can cut it, maybe a circular saw with a small tooth
blade?

Sawz-All

A Sawzall would work, but a chainsaw might be good for an
initial cut across the side of the whole coil.

Just remember to replace the chain and bar afterward.

--
Newman's First Law:
It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down.