Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default EPROMs nearing end of life?

On 2017/04/09 10:23 AM, wrote:
"1) My shop is in Canada - and Fedex/UPS/DHL all charge my shop customs

import fees that can reach $40US. We normally have Americans (I am
assuming you are in the USA) ship stuff to us by US Post as the import
fees (if that happens) is around $7US. "

What happened to NAFTA ? Is that only for stuff coming into the US ?

Nothing to do with NAFTA. There is no duty, however the couriers still
charge $25 to $45 Customs Clearance Fee for carrying the stuff across
the border into Canada. Large companies like Digi-Key deal with this
sort of thing differently, but for smaller businesses and individuals
that clearance fee can be an unfriendly reminder that the Post Office is
the best deal for shipping internationally.

We don't ship al lot to the US by courier, mostly Post and I haven't
heard back from our US customers that they have been charged clearance
fees for getting their products. Even the few packages that go by Fedex
seem to enter the US without a fee.

Grumble.

John :-#(#

www.flippers.com