Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Local Councils to be told to take waste fee-free

On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 13:28:53 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

And start putting a levy on take away food and drink
containers that just might make the coffee shops and fast food
joints,drink suppliers etc consider the implications that their
profits are because council tax payers are subsidising their business
model by partly picking up the tab for disposing of their containers
when at least some should be washed up and reused .
And if that means some branches close and the Grazers can't get a
fancy Coffee to fawn over every half mile then **** em. They can buy a
tartan patterned flask and make their own at home.
That's not DIY waste I appreciate but litter has become the scourge of
many areas.

Businesses already minimise waste, with the odd exception. They're not looking to throw money away. There are reasons for the packaging that's used.

They don't look to throw their own money away , they are quite happy
to provide packaging that if the customer is an irresponsible ****
creates a situation that means most of us end up paying a little to
enable them to trade by having to via council tax pay to clear away
refuse when it has just been thrown on the ground.
That is getting on for a subsidy.

Taxing them means that tax is passed to the customer,

As many of those customers are the ones not disposing of the packaging
properly I can't say that bothers me much.
And those that are not irresponsible , well it may be unfortunate but
perhaps that is the price to pay for the convenience of fast food or
the pretentious ******** that seems to go with having a coffee
nowadays.

ie all it would be is one more way for government to scam money out of us all.
And squander some of it collecting & policing the tax.

Yes they properly would.

G.harman