Pradeep Krishna

Default Sump pump question.

Hi,

I would like to seek your advice regarding sump pump. This past
weekend, we had about 5 inches of rain in Illinois. Today morning, I
woke up and found the sump pump running. However, the water was not
being discharged at the external outlet. I checked the pit and found
the water being churn'd by the submersible pump. I called a local
plumber ane he suggested replacing the pump. The pump is only 2 years
old. I manually triggered the back-up system (water based) and
dischared the water from the sump. However, the main pump did not
shut-off.

1) Any advice of what could be the problem ?
2) On average, how long does the pump last ? 2 years ?
3) If I need to replace, any idea how much would it cost ?

Any feedback/ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks .. Pradeep.