Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Save me from Ikea cr*p

On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 19:39:33 +0100, michael adams wrote:

"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
On 09/04/17 12:56, Broadback wrote:
My daughter bought a ceiling light from Ikea,so I went up to fit it.
what absolute rubbish, naff plastic, a patent device to hold the wires,
hardly grips them. No way to fix the light securely to the ceiling. Why
ever did she buy from there, the cheapest pendant ceiling light from
elsewhere would be far better and easier to install, for the first time
in over 40 years of D-I-Y I gave ups. :-((

A squirt of 'No Nails' and some gaffer tape?

--
Adrian C

Ikea are definitely poor for plastic. Two desk lamps failed one; due to a
plastic pivot which supported the arm breaking, (which should never have been
plastic in the first place) ;another due to an adapter falling to bits (possibly owing
to heat maybe a safety issue which should have been reported),

Oh no, not unsafe things! End of the world! What are you a 6 year old girl?

plus a stainless
steel kettle rendered useless due to a plastic handle breaking in half.

Their all stainless steel, all chipboard, and textile items seem o.k;
or at least not conspicuously worse than anyone else's.
Certainly not at that price.

michael adams

--
If you wipe your ass with your bare hand but consider bacon to be unclean, you may be a Muslim.