Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default OS upgrades

On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 08:56:27 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

One advantage to re-imaging is that while I don't do it regularly,
when I have done it, the PC performance improvement was substantial.
In fact, I think when people buy a new PC and see a huge increase
in performance, I'd bet that a good part of that, maybe half, is
that they are starting with a clean machine again. If they just
did a system restore, they'd also see a good boost in performance.

Yes, though apps are much better now at cleaning up when uninstalled.
I like a "clean" system, and don't give a second thought
about installing apps to try out. I also sometimes "hack" my OS.
By imaging every month or two, I don't have to excessively worry about
system changes. Also malware becomes a non-issue, even if it's a
"sleeper" type virus.