Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OS upgrades

On Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 7:49:15 PM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
trader_4
Sat, 08
Apr 2017 20:47:44 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Say what? You don't think Google has a way of linking what you
typed or what you spoke into a voice search on an Android phone
back to you? Of course they do.

Re-read what I wrote. The section you conveniently, snipped:

Options exist, vpn, etc. Using other peoples network connection, forging
browser Identity information, etc etc etc.
I was writing about google, the search engine. I don't use voice commands
on my phones, I'm not too lazy to type...

Again, context is everything. The context was what goes on
with SMARTPHONES today. What percent of smartphone users are
doing the above, ie tin foil hat stuff because they are afraid
that google will know that they searched for "pizza near me"?
And if you don't do something extraordinary, then of course
Google knows what you've been looking for, where you've been
located with the phone, etc. Which of course why the comparison
to Win 10 is logical.

As far as the android phones go...I use burner phones. They aren't
associated with my name. So, google has no way of tracking me,
personally, no.

What percent of smartphone users are using burner phones?
That's the issue. You seem to think that 99.9% of us users
have the same extreme penchant for privacy that you do.
The reality is that if you're using a typical smartphone
like 99% of the users out there, then what get's tracked
and seen on Win 10 isn't much different than what's been
going on for years with phones.