Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Remington model 511 .22 bolt action

On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 21:39:00 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 14:51:35 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Apr 2017 21:18:16 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Apr 2017 08:18:04 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 08:01:48 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 10:51:12 AM UTC-4, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 06 Apr 2017 06:21:53 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 05 Apr 2017 22:32:45 -0400, Gerry
wrote:

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 08:54:27 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Just feeling chuffed. Went to a tag sale yesterday where they had a .22 for sale. And I really ought to have bought it as it was only $55. So today went back as soon as it opened , and bought it for 20% off.

If I had had a good look at the inside of the barrel. I might have passed on it. It had what was possibly grease in the barrel, but after I ran a couple of swabs thru it, it looked good.

I am sure my grandson will appreciate it. I had the same model when I was a bit younger than him.

Dan
My brother shot his first deer with an old .22 bolt action when he was
11 years old.

I started hunting much earlier and quickly moved up to more difficult
game. I was banging my babysitter when I was 11. VBG Soon after I
started on my millions miles of scooter riding which includes the time
I got on a Ninja and was clocked at 264 mph, on a paved public road.

That sounds like a lot of fun, but you're even crazier than I thought
you were, my friend. I've seen the Youtube Hayabusa top speed vids.
Did you mean 264kph? The Hayabusa has a 340kph speedo, 211.266mph.
Kaws are even faster? Wow.

Now to be fair..it was a paved road out in the desert. And the scooter
did belong to a CHP buddy of mine. And his partner was running the
speed gun....shrug

A friend of mine with a '67 GTO (built 389 w/ 6-pk) surprised me when,
on a trip to San Diego, a CHP officer pulled up next to us and
motioned for us to pull over. With the 3:11 rear end, it had a very
high top end, and Phil shifted into second, burned out, and pulled
away from the cop. I was pinching buttons out of my skivvies as the
cop tried to keep up but failed at about 125. We soon slowed from 140
and the Chippie, who was a friend of Phil's, pulled alongside and
smiled. It was then that Phil told me about his friend.

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King

You've just won this month's Gullibility Award again, Larry. You must be building a collection of them.

This explains a number of your habits.

Larry is a gentleman and a scholar and a fine judge of character and
credibility.

Except when I miss the "econolinevan" in the email address. Ya got me,
twice now. (Just finished another sigh)

You on the other hand have a sore butt for failing to use enough lube
with your gay lover.

You, fake-Gunner?

You havent figured out who posts what here?

Tsk tsk tsk.

Sorry, Charlie, but he sometimes, when he does't make any really
stupid statements (not often), can sound like you. But I have to
start checking the source before replying to another of the idiot's
posts.

(Grin). Yeah...he is working on his mimicing and coming along nicely.
Much like a parrot. Not real smart..but can imitate pretty well.

Its a shame though that he cannot stand up on his own two feet and be
himself, rather than a poor copy of someone else.

Shrug...his choice. But we are old enough to know by now that the
mentally ill dont have much else.

Gunner

---