Stormin Mormon

Default [ OT ] FRS radios / 2-way radios

You want five mile range for within a three story building? Does that make
sense?

I find that there are walkies which take AAA batteries, and some which take
AA batteries. In my limited research the AA battery models put out a
stronger signal. (500 mA instead of 300 mA for the smaller batteries).

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Marshall" wrote in message
Hi:

I looking to buy a pair of FRS radios & wondering if anyone could
recommend a good brand / model?
I would want one of the 5 mile range, rechargeable models. At least
I 'think' I want to go rechargeable?? Is there a noticable difference
in weight between them and the 'regular battery' models? These would be
used 1-2 times per month, and have to operate up to maybe 10-12 hours
on standby. Actual talking time would be minimal. Just want to be able
to contact eachother inside of a 3-story building. Thanks for any advice.

--
Phil {remove 9 for mail}