Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Save me from Ikea cr*p

Like many stores they tend to stock items made by others, and if the quality
drops often they never notice till enough tell them.
They are not alone in this Ring garden lights got taken over and every
since their lights are absolute crap.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Scott" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 12:56:30 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

My daughter bought a ceiling light from Ikea,so I went up to fit it.
what absolute rubbish, naff plastic, a patent device to hold the wires,
hardly grips them. No way to fix the light securely to the ceiling. Why
ever did she buy from there, the cheapest pendant ceiling light from
elsewhere would be far better and easier to install, for the first time
in over 40 years of D-I-Y I gave ups. :-((

As a friend of mine likes to say, the best thing about Ikea is the
Swedish delicatessen at the entrance.

Curried herring highly recommended :-)