Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Local Councils to be told to take waste fee-free

On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 01:59:36 -0000 (UTC), Tim+
wrote:

I suspect that the majority of flytipping doesn't come from DIYers though
so I can't see this having a huge impact unfortunately.

It's the tradesmen working on tight margins who will still have the
incentive to flytip.

Till a lot of councils altered their conditions a lot of those Jobs
done by smaller tradesmen became part DIY , The DIY bit being the
waste disposal as the tradesmen left the waste for the householder
to dispose of "free" and that would be reflected in the cost of the
job done.

Now the there is a cost some householders are fly tipping to save
money,some directly , others by employing a cheap disposal service
offered by some dubious character with a flatbed.
Not all householders know or care about asking to see the relevant
paperwork that legitimate operators should have, other householders
are just innocently unaware which has resulted in some nasty surprises
when the source of the rubbish has been traced by a an envelope with
an address for example and legal action has followed.
Personally I would like to any vehicle involved with fly tipping
seized and crushed within hours, preferably with the perpetuator in
it.

G.Harman