Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill the rat killer Bill the rat killer is offline

Default How quickly does a rat die in a typical rat trap

On Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 12:59:46 AM UTC-4, Bill Keefer wrote:
I hate to kill them - but I have to.
Do they die quickly when the big rat traps spring?

I'm not talking the little mouse traps - but the larger classic Victor
rat traps.

I have had a nest of them living behind my bath tub that they reached through a hole in the wall in my bedroom. I got 2 Victor classic traps, over a billion sold and staked out the hole. one with banana somebody told and the other with dog treats. They never hit the banana but they loved the dog treats.By the end of the day today I had killed 5 female rats and one big male rat on the very last. All the smaller females died instantly with a crushed neck it looks like. The big male was messy. He thrashed around for a few seconds and smeared blood all over the floor. But it was so worth it to get rid of his as$.